WELCOME TO THE MAY 2022 NEWSLETTER
When am i going to be able to write a newsletter without mentioning the big “C” word! I know alot of you guys out there have been seriously impacted by Covid, not just the disease itself but the “Covid tax” that appears to be on everything we buy lately, the excessive delivery times and the short staff days where more than half the workforce is in ISO and the worst of all, my local Bottle O ran OUT OF CAPTAIN MORGAN. Now a woman can only take so much!
Seriously though, take care everyone and stay strong. With most of us having had the disease or been exposed and managed to avoid it anyway, it is now something that is just a part of our lives. It is something we need to live with and with restrictions lifting I personally am hoping that we can get back to some overseas travel. Egypt is on the agenda for me next year but in the shorter term a 2 week holiday around Tasmania has been booked and we will be there late October – early November travelling in a Motorhome. Anyone have any “Must see/do” for Tasmania. Drop me a line, would love some pointers.
Start ticking off that bucket list and get out there!
2.0 Staff News
During January we welcomed Andrew Carter on board in our WA sales office. Andrew comes to us with a wealth of hydraulic knowledge and a passion for the industry. The only thing Andrew loves more than his hydraulics would be his 2 Rottweilers. He can talk all things dog with as much passion as all things hydraulic. He is available to chat on mobile at any time on 0499 210 526.
In December Maddy joined our warehouse team downstairs and has made herself at home with Damo. She is a Kiwi with a great attitude and has been an absolute blessing in helping us deliver on our promise of “if it’s in stock it goes today”.
We are pleased to announce that Mr. Alan Taylor from our Perth operations has accepted the position of National Sales Manager. Alan will take on the role effective immediately so feel free to touch base with him about anything. He can be contacted on 0488 555 501.
GOODBYE TO JO
We were extremely sorry to lose Jo to the Corporate World in March of this year. Jo had been with us for almost 4 years and had become a much loved team member. We wish Jo all the best for her chosen career path.
3.0 Ask Steve?
Q. I received a Sunfab Truck pump recently and need to change the rotation.
A. Remove the 4 capscrews holding the rear cover in place (do not allow the rear cover to “pop-out”). Rotate 180o and replace the 4 Cap screws. It’s as easy as that.
To make sure all is done correctly, remove the top drain port plug and check that the timing mark are still aligned (if they are not aligned, call us).
4.0 Product News
TPV-11 In the mining Sector
The Tidal TPV-11 series are a direct equivalent to the Rexroth A11V* series. An open circuit system pump with a continuous pressure of 350 Bar makes them a great alternative. Available in a range of displacements including 60cc/rev, 95cc/rev, 130cc/rev, 190cc/rev and 260cc/rev. The heavy duty nature and large displacements make them ideal for the Mining Industry.
Flexibility is one of the major advantages to these units. They can be converted from an SAE “A” Through Drive to an SAE “D” Through Drive. They can be Non Thru Drive or Thru Drive for those extra heavy duty applications such as Large Front Loaders. and some Drilling Rig applications
These units have some great features including Good suction characteristics achieved with impellar assisted suctions (low pressure boost pump). Our TPV-11-260 pumps are fitted with a seal leakage vent on both sides of the front flange and a longer shaft allowing for the use of double seals.. All of these features combined make for an amazingly reliable Piston Pump.
Quality is Paramount
The extensive quality control procedure of Tidal Fluid Power guarantees the quality of manufacture of the TPV Series 11. Backed by our 12 month warranty, these units will slot straight into your application.
Give us a call to discuss your requirements in further details.
Brisbane – 07 3889 4591
Perth – 0488 555 501
5.0 Special Feature
Come and see us at Stand C110 - QME Mackay
Tidal Fluid Power supports the Mining industry as well as many other industries. We will be exhibiting at QME Mackay this year to show exactly what solutions we can offer for all aspects of the mining industry.
Come and visit us at Stand C110 any time during 19th to 21st July. Have a chat to one of our Engineers about all things hydraulic or just pop in to say hello !
Enjoy the Show. Should be a great one.
6.0 On A Lighter Note
I think we are all a little bit over the wild weather, so fingers crossed it’ll start to calm down and we can get out and enjoy some outdoor winter activities.
Enjoy some weird and wonderful facts about our beautiful country.
10 FUN FACTS ABOUT AUSTRALIA
- Australia is home to 21 of the world’s 25 most venomous snakes (12 of them in Qld!)
- The wine cask (Goon!) was invented in Australia (obviously).
- Former Prime Minister Bob Hawke set a world record for sculling 2.5 pints of beer in 11 seconds. Hawke later suggested that this was the reason for his great political success. (pretty sure my hubby could beat that!)
- Aussies drink 1.7 billion litres of beer per year, that’s about 680 bottles of beer for each adult. (My hubby definitely has an impact on this one!)
- There are 60 wine regions in Australia. (nice)
- Actually around 1.3 billion litres of wine are produced each year in Australia. (mmm, wine!!!)
- It is a known fact that Wallabies like to break into Opium crops, get high and run around in circles to create a “crop circle”. (that explains our Rugby Union Problem)
- Vegemite was created by left over Yeast used to create Beer (so that’s why it tastes so good!)
- A gay bar in Melbourne won the legal right to ban women from the bars, because they made the men uncomfortable. (hmm ok then)
- An Australian election TV debate was rescheduled so it didn’t conflict with the finale of reality cooking show Masterchef. (Whew, wouldn’t have wanted to miss Masterchef!)